Our students are excited to prepare for their careers and understand that they must learn, master and embrace computer skills. Regular power cuts and outdated hardware and software capabilities made the schools 10-year-old desktop machines obsolete. We have now committed updating to battery powered modern computers. The school currently has 21 Lenovo ThinkPad computers generously donated in September 2017. Unfortunately, 20 computers isn’t adequate to teach 500 students in groups of 30-40 at a time.
Your generous donation will go towards a new laptop purchase for the Katoke Computer Science lab.
The computer purchased will be equivalent to the Lenovo Think Pad computers already installed in the school’s computer lab.
Our goal is to reach 40 computers to allow each student in our largest class groups to access a machine.
You purchase will go towards a laptop computer with equivalent or greater specifications as those listed below:
- Up to 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (3MB Cache, up to 3.10GHz) processor
- Windows 10 Home operating system
- Intel® HD Graphics 620
- Up to 16GB DDR4 2133 MHz RAM
- Up to 500GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
- DVD +/- RW SuperMulti Rom
- Dolby® Audio™ Premium Audio
- Up to 7.6 hour battery
- 15.6″ HD display
- Preloaded with MS Office 365 (trial version)