2020 Katoke Annual Dinner At Home
November 14 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Katoke Annual Dinner At Home
Fire up the oven and lay out the placemats – in 2020 the Katoke Annual Benefit Dinner is coming to you.
The Tradies have hosted our annual benefit dinner for over 20 years – It’s a night that we all look forward to. It’s an opportunity to celebrate what we have achieved together in 2020 and raise much needed funds for the work of the Trust.
This year the dinner will go ahead – but in a slightly different format. We are unable to hold a large event at the Tradies due to Coronavirus restrictions, so instead, we’ll be asking people to host a ‘dinner at home’. The ingredients will be the same; good food, conversation and entertainment…but this year it will be a much more intimate evening with hosts playing a key role.
Can you host a dinner?
As a host we’re hoping you’ll be able to;
- Invite 5-10 guests (or more if you have room) to your house for dinner on the 14th of November
- Prepare a meal to share – or ask you friends to bring a dish
- Play a short video which provides an update on our progress in 2020
- Encourage guests to take part in our virtual fundraising activity on the night (optional)
I’d love to host, what will I be provided?
We’re trying not to be too prescriptive around the format. Simply, invite some friends around to dinner and celebrate what we have achieved together in 2020. We’ll be running a virtual fundraiser on the evening and would love your help to reach our target. We understand that coronavirus has placed financial pressure on many of us. So there is no pressure to get involved in this way – we can still celebrate what we have achieved.
- Invite – invite your friends to dinner on the 14th of November
- We’ll provide a handy little invitation that you can send to your guests
- Prepare – prior to the night we’ll send your a package in the post with;
- Some finer details – what to expect on the night
- Vanilla beans and a recipe to make a delicious vanilla bean dessert
- Something fun to spruce up your dinner party – all will be revealed when your package arrives
- Details on our virtual fundraising initiative
- A link to the video
- Host – on the night
- We’ll provide an update on funds raised throughout the night
- We’ll share some photos of the various dinner parties happening around Sydney – we’d love for you to take a picture of your dinner party to share with us.